Online Student Registration
New student registration is open and available online for the 2023-2024 school year. This process is completed on a secure and easy-to-use online system, allowing Burke County parents and guardians to complete registration entirely online, including the ability to upload required documentation like birth certificates, proof of residency, etc.
This online registration is for students enrolling in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade for the 2023-2024 school year. Families will access the online registration by clicking the black Registration button located on the right side of this page.
If families would like to register in person at the school, that is an option as well. Click School Profiles for contact information.
Important: Pre-K students must be 4 years old by September 1st to be eligible for Pre-K.
Kindergarten students must turn 5 years old on or before September 1st to be eligible for Kindergarten.
For the best user experience, please be prepared with all of the proper documentation before beginning the registration process. To prepare documents for uploading, save files and images of documents to your device as a PDF document or a JPEG (picture).
HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD FOR PRE-K?
Parents/Guardians may use the online registration link located to the right to register their child for Pre-K OR contact Waynesboro Primary School (706) 554-5125 or SGA Elementary School (478) 569-4322 to make an appointment to register in person.
STEP 1: Gather required documentation for student registration.
- Original, certified birth certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or passport
- Official Social Security Card
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization
- Four-Point Screening, which includes, the Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening
- Documentation of Food Stamps, SSI, Medicaid, TANF, or CAPS. If the family does not participate in any of these programs, upload a copy of the medical insurance card.
- A Report Card or address and phone number from your child’s previous school (If applicable).
Proof of Residency can be shown by choosing 2 of the following methods:
- valid Georgia driver's license or state identification card
- a current property tax receipt/bill or vehicle registration
- power or gas bill (water bills cannot be accepted)
- home mortgage note/sales agreement
- lease or rental agreement/homeowner's policy
- any other objective evidence that will enable school employees to make a correct determination as to "residence"
- If a family resides in a home owned by someone other than the enrolling parent, the following is necessary for enrollment:
- Notarized family residency affidavit signed by both parties in front of the notary at the school of enrollment
- Mail with the address listed on the affidavit.
STEP 2: Complete the registration application.
- Click the New Student Registration button on the right.
- When uploading the documents, make sure they are clear and easy to read.
- Documents cannot be updated after pressing the "Submit" button on the registration application.