Online Student Registration
New student registration is open and available online for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. This process is completed on a secure and easy-to-use online system, allowing Burke County parents and guardians to complete registration entirely online, including the ability to upload required documentation like birth certificates, proof of residency, etc.
This online registration is for students enrolling in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. Families will access the online registration by clicking the Registration buttons on the right.
If families would like to register in person at the school, that is an option as well. Click the School Profiles button for contact information.
Important: Kindergarten students must turn five years old on or before September 1st to be eligible for kindergarten.
For the best user experience, please be prepared with all of the proper documentation before beginning the registration process. To prepare documents for uploading, save files and images of documents to your device as a PDF document or a JPEG (picture).
STEP 1: Gather required documentation for student registration.
- Original, certified birth certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or passport
- Official Social Security Card
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization
- Four-Point Screening, which includes, the Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening
- Documentation of Food Stamps, SSI, Medicaid, TANF, or CAPS. If the family does not participate in any of these programs, upload a copy of the medical insurance card.
- A Report Card or address and phone number from your child’s previous school
Proof of Residency can be shown by choosing 2 of the following methods:
- valid Georgia driver's license or state identification card
- a current property tax receipt/bill or vehicle registration
- power or gas bill (water bills cannot be accepted)
- home mortgage note/sales agreement
- lease or rental agreement/homeowner's policy
- any other objective evidence that will enable school employees to make a correct determination as to "residence"
- If a family resides in a home owned by someone other than the enrolling parent, the following is necessary for enrollment:
- Notarized family residency affidavit signed by both parties in front of the notary at the school of enrollment
- Mail with the address listed on the affidavit.
STEP 2: Complete the registration application.
- Click the New Student Registration button on the right.
- When uploading the documents, make sure they are clear and easy to read.
- Documents cannot be updated after pressing the "Submit" button on the registration application.
CURRENT STUDENT INFORMATION UPDATE 2022-2023
**Parents/Guardians will have the option to add other (new/current) students within your existing household while updating their current information.
What do I do if I have a student returning to BCPS but never received a SnapCode by email?