Illness Prevention and the Coronavirus
BCPS encourages parents, students, and staff to be aware of the symptoms of illness and to stay home, except for medical care, if they experience fever, along with any of the following symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- Sometimes Diarrhea and Vomiting
As we do our part to educate our community on universal prevention measures, we will continue to follow the direction of the Georgia Department of Public Health, the Georgia Department of Education and the Centers for Disease Control.
Important Information - What to do if you are sick
A top priority of the Burke County School District is the safety and wellness of our students, staff, and community. Prevention is key to stopping the spread of germs that cause illness. Here's how you can help:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Parents should monitor their children's health, and if they suspect a fever, conduct a screening at home with a simple home thermometer, contact doctor, if needed and avoid public places.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water several times a day. Hand sanitizer is a second choice and to be used when soap and water are not available.
- Use a face covering when you go out (unless you have trouble breathing or a medical condition that prevents it).
- Social distance as much as possible
- Due to the quick spread of COVID-19, parents should contact their local healthcare provider to establish a course of action should their child come down with an illness.