School Nutrition » Special Diets

Special Diets

Special Diet Requests

If your student needs to receive a Special Diet at school during the 2019-2020 school year, please read this information carefully.

The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act requires schools to follow strict meal patterns and dietary specifications. A reasonable modification to meals for children with diagnosed disabilities that restrict their diet, can be provided based on a medical statement from a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. In addition, students who receive meal modifications based on current specific dietary accommodations in their 504 Plan or IEP will receive those accommodations, and we ask for the most current information as dietary needs change.

If you believe your child qualifies for a special diet based on a disability, the Medical Statement for Accommodating Special Dietary Needs for School Nutrition Program form is available on this website.  Please complete the form and return it to the School Nutrition Program Manager at the school. If your student is eligible for a special diet based on the completed form, the School Nutrition Program will meet with you to establish a menu plan that meets your student's needs.

If you have questions, please contact the School Nutrition Program at 706-554-5393.​

Enter your text here...

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations
and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering
USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or
reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g.,
Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where
they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact
USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made
available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form
(English) or USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (Spanish). This form (AD-3027) is found online
at: and at any USDA office, or
write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To
request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
2. fax: (202 690-7442 or
3. email:
This Institution is an equal opportunity provider.