Nutrition education -
1. The wellness RD will conduct at least 5 Charlie Cart sessions at each school during the 2019-2020 school year.
2. Each Tower Garden will harvest and conduct a class taste test at least twice during the 2019-2020 school year and regularly incorporate nutrition education into Tower Garden interactions.
1. One bulletin board in each school cafeteria will be updated with nutrition promotional materials at least once per year.
2. The Mealviewer TV screens located in/near each school cafeteria will be utilized on a daily basis to promote local fruits and vegetables served at school and general consumption of healthy foods in a way that is appealing to students.
Physical activity -
1. At least one school-wide wellness initiative will be offered at elementary schools this year that utilizes physical activity-based incentives.
2. All middle school students will increase physical activity throughout the day with implementation of school-wide brain breaks, incentivized by monthly raffle prizes for brain break participation.
School-based activities -
1. At least one handout will be provided to all teachers to encourage non-food based classroom incentives.
2. At least one handout will be provided to all parents each year providing examples of health swaps.
3. Elementary school students will be offered to participate in Screen Free week at least once per year with a physical-activity based reward.
4. Teachers will be offered to participate in Biggest Stepper Challenge to increase daily physical activity.