The Public Information Officer maintains Burke County Public School's social media presence. Our school district shares news and information with the community using these platforms:
Use #BearBuilt and/or #Proud2BeBC when sharing news about an accomplishment or showcasing pride in your school or the District.
Don't have social media? We've got you covered....
One feature of our BC App is that those without social media can access the district’s social media posts via the News section of the app.
Guidelines for engaging with BCPS social media:
We will update social media pages as often as possible to share news about BCPS and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant District information. In times of inclement weather that necessitate school closing or other school-related emergencies, the pages will be updated in conjunction with the alerting of local media.
All social media sites used by BCPS are designated as Limited Public Forums. BCPS welcomes a person’s right to express his or her opinion and encourages commenters to keep comments relevant to the topic in question.
All comments posted on BCPS social media pages are at the discretion of the page administrators. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not violate these guidelines and privacy laws.
BCPS reserves the right to remove from public view the following types of posted comments; if a user comment is deleted, BCPS will retain a copy in its files:
1. Comments that contain vulgar language.
2. Obscene, pornographic or other illegal materials.
3. Sexual comments about, or directed to anyone.
4. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation.
5. Spam or unrelated links to other sites.
6. Comments that are unrelated to the BCPS topic that is the subject of the post. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us by email. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.).
7. Comments that advocate illegal activity, encourage violence or contain threats.
8. Comments that promote particular non-BCPS services or products.
9. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
10. Comments that disclose personally identifiable information that may compromise an individual’s financial or personal security, including social security numbers, passwords, credit card information and personal contact information.
11. Comments that contain information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of public systems (and their employees) or any criminal or civil investigations.
12. Comments that mock, criticize, denigrate, impugn, degrade or in any way disparage any BCPS student or employee.
BCPS may block or ban a commenter, if the social media platform permits, who repeatedly posts inappropriate content and deny that commenter the opportunity to use the limited public forum.
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of BCPS unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the District) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of the District.
All BCPS social media sites will adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, including, but not limited to, legal requirements governing use of copyrighted materials, retention of records, compliance with the Georgia Open Records Act, and federal and state privacy laws.