Advocates for and supports the vision, mission, goals, objectives, and beliefs of the Burke County Public School System.
Provides support to all schools and departments in an effort to ensure that the lines of communication from the schools and system to the community are open and effective, especially as information relates to student achievement. Increases the level of public awareness about system activities, accomplishments, and successes.
- Manages social media accounts
- BCPS Web Master
- Teacher of the Year Coordinator
- BC Public School App Design and Management
- Responds promptly to requests for information
- Coordinates the release of all BCPS data and information, as verified by the Superintendent or her designee
- Acts as a liaison between the BCBOE and the media
- Coordinates all media events, interviews, requests for information, etc.
- Corrects any misinformation by the media
- Maintains a professional working relationship and demeanor in the work environment and with the public
- Coordinates publicity for school and system events (Pictures, News Releases to local newspaper)
- Coordinates Football Theme Nights
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent